If you have been living under a rock for the past few years let’s have a quick rundown of what mindfulness is;
- It’s a simple form of meditation
- It’s about being compassionate with yourself
- It’s about observing your thoughts without criticism
- It’s easy to do
- It’s perfect for calming the mind
- It’s about bringing your attention to the present moment
- It’s about considering your thoughts and feelings
- It’s perfect for coping with anxiety and stress
- Is not religion
- Doesn’t require you to sit cross legged on the floor (although you can do that if you want to)
- Doesn’t require the burning of incense sticks
- Isn’t time consuming
Get mindful for charity
NOW you can even support charity and practice mindfulness, thanks to our friends a Macmillan and their Mindfulness for Macmillan. It’s simple to sign up and you donate an amount to do this, and in exchange for this you get 30 days of mindful tips delivered to your phone every day! Check it out here.
Get mindful on your smart device
If you don’t fancy committing to Macmillan then there are lots of apps out there that you can download to start you off. These can be found on your usual apps store.
Get mindful on YouTube
You can also find mindfulness meditations on YouTube. The Honest Guys are great as is Jason Stephenson. Have a search for yourself and see what available.
Until next time…