Every so often we get a wake up call. Something will happen that really brings the fragility of life home to us and makes us question our very existence in the here and now. At times like these we tend to re-evaluate our lives; do we really live life to the fullest and squeeze every last drop out of them?
Here are my top ways to live your life to the fullest:
- Be true to who you are. Be your authentic self instead of being a clone of someone else or adhering to another person’s ideals.
- Quit trying to please all the people all the time; it can’t be done, so don’t do it.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Don’t worry about what you can’t control that’s not empowering. Instead, focus on what and how you can make a difference and get started!
- Just do it! What’s the worst that can happen? Whether it’s learning to ice skate, volunteering, backpacking across Laos, learning a musical instrument or wing-walking. Whatever it is you’ve always wanted to do JUST FLIPPIN’ DO IT (I know I know that’s not QUITE the NIKE slogan)!
- Stop moaning and bellyaching. You’re alive, you most likely have your health and you probably have a quid or two in your pocket, so what is there to complain about? Think about it this way; if the words you speak were written on your skin, what would people think of you???
- Quit sleep walking through life and start waking up and smelling the coffee! Make an effort to live consciously each and every day, and enjoy the experience. Don’t coast through life from one paycheque to the next. As John Lennon said “Life’s what happens when you’re busy making plans!” You know what, he was right!
- Spend time with the people you love and want to have in your life. This might sound selfish, but there are energy zappers that we spend out lives with out of duty or obligation; DON’T!
- Fall in love with your life! Be kind to yourself and others. Do what makes your heart sing and enjoy every moment.