You may well have heard the tale below before, but it’s always good to be reminded that you need to make the most out your ‘gift’!
Imagine there’s a Bank that credits your account each morning with £86,400.
It carries no balances over from the previous day and every evening the Bank deletes that part of your balance you have failed to use during the day.
What would you do?
Spend every last penny every day, of course!
We all have such a Bank – it’s called ‘Time’ and every morning it credits each of us with 86,400 seconds and every night it writes off, as lost, whatever you have failed to invest to good purpose.
It carries no balance
It allows no overdraft
There is no drawing against ‘tomorrow’
Every day it opens a new account for you – if you fail to use the day’s deposits the loss is yours.
Treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you were aware of it.
You must live in the present on today’s deposits.
Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health and happiness.
The clock is running – make the most of today.
- To realize the value of one year ask a student who failed an exam
- To realize the value of one month ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby
- To realize the value of one week ask the editor of a weekly newspaper
- To realize the value of one hour ask the lovers who are waiting to meet
- To realize the value of one minute ask the person who just missed a train
- To realize the value of one second ask the person who just avoided an accident
- To realize the value of one millisecond ask an Olympics silver medal winner
There is no going back!
Time waits for no man!
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift – that’s why it’s called the Present.
Have a wonderful day!