Here are some more tried and tested “kind” ideas
- Send a ‘just because’ card to your best friend.
- Text your mum (or dad) and tell them you love them – no guarantees of the reaction, but suffice to say they won’t be here forever!
- Stop and allow someone out in the traffic queue – and let’s face it if it’s anything like my little part of the globe there is A LOT of traffic
- Sort out some blankets you don’t want anymore and donate them to a homeless shelter or animal charity.
- Pay it forward in line at your favorite coffee shop.
- Bring your neighbur’s wheelie bin up to their house after refuse collection.
- Drop off coffee to a friend or bring a cup for your colleague.
- Return a shopping trolley for someone at the supermarket (if you don’t have coin activated ones).
- Leave a compliment via sticky note on a mirror for your partner.
- Say a simple ‘hello’ to everyone you come in contact with today.
- Volunteer somewhere in your community that holds meaning to you.
- Help someone carry their shopping bags.
- Write positive messages, comments or kindness quotes on the Facebook wall of some of your friends.
- Pick up any rubblish you come across in your day (you’ll be surprised at how much there is)!
- Make a phonecall to a friend or family member out of the blue – talk so much by text these days it’s guaranteed to blow them away!
- Bring a hot cup of coffee to someone who works outside.
- Let someone with a few items go in front of you at the supermarket if you’re doing a big shop.
if you want some more inspiration for performing acts of random kindness check out Random Acts of Kindness website!