Advice… Do whatever makes you laugh; telling jokes, watching funny cat videos on YouTube or watching your favourite comedy!
Laughter should be a listed as a super food. Of course it isn’t a food, but it does have some fantastic health benefits. Laughing is good for your health… FACT! Here’s 7 of those benefits.
- releases endorphins. The ‘feel good’ chemicals our body produces when we feel good.
- boosts your immune system, decreases your stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. How amazing is that!
- relaxes your whole body. (well, once you’re done laughing…because, we’ve all laughed so hard it hurts)
- burns calories while you’re laughing. Laughing for 10-15 minutes a day can burn about 40 calories!
- relieves physical tension and stress. Ahhhhhhh!
- improves blood flow, thus protecting your heart from heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- helps you live longer. According to a Norwegian study people with a strong sense of humour outlive those who don’t laugh as often.
And if you want a bit of a belly laugh, check out Michael McIntyre’s “Funniest Joke” (to be fair I would have put a clip of my favourite comedian on here but he’s a bit of a potty mouth… god bless you Billy Connolly!)
Until next time lovelies,