Did you know we have our wonderful subconscious mind (the unthinking/ automatic part) to thank for all the cranky tendencies we have. Your current beliefs were laid down by age seven and subsequently built upon through other external experiences that have been then been locked away in the “safety” of your subconscious only to resurface when we need to grade or reference that experience with another, to see what the potential outcome will be.
But did you know that you can influence, change and upgrade your belief system simply and easily? Here are my 8 top tips for a BS upgrade!
- As kids we asked questions but as adults we tend to think we know it all. Connect with your inner child and have fun. Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you can’t be inquisitive like a child – be more child!
- Upgrading your belief systems is like an out of date app. If a programme or app isn’t running correctly you would delete it and replace it with an alternative. The same applies to those outdated belief systems
- Extend your comfort zone; you don’t have leave it. No one, but no one enjoys coming completely out of their comfort zone, so you don’t have to. Just make the boundaries wider, and explore the edges – you might find you like it there!
- You have to love and accept yourself. Accepting yourself as you are is your starting point, and loving yourself for the unique being you are; that does means warts and all!
- The power of NOW. Mindful meditation: close your eyes and observe the sounds and smells around you.
- Benefit by being around people with good energy, because we are only as good as the people we surround ourselves with. Hoof up all those pozzie vibes from your fabulous friends, because (if you didn’t know already) we become like our five closest friends: FACT
- Food is the fuel Gorgeous Goddesses. So what we put into our bodies will determine just how far we go, much like a car! Put the wrong fuel in that you’ll know about it! Crap diet and you are going nowhere. Fill your body with beautiful food, on the other hand, then you are going places. You want to upgrade your belief system and feel better about yourself, then you have to take care of you and starting with the food you eat.
- AND FINALLY…We can get so comfortable in our lives that we don’t want to upgrade; but living in the past means we’re going over the same programmes. Living in the present is where it’s at, because it’s all there ever is. So install a new app called “the present” and “delete” the past. The easiest way to do this is our old friends mindful meditation and living for now!
Until next time…