Life isn’t a rehearsal. Life is for living. Sometimes it can be a struggle especially when crap happens that you can’t control; like a pandemic for example. So to help you out of whatever hole you find yourself in and put you in a positive state of mind, here are my a to z for a successful life!
|Altruism||Think of others without being selfish. Do things for others without needing praise, recognition or something in return.|
|Be Genuine||Actions speak louder than words, so make sure you are genuine with others. Don’t try to deceive or exaggerate; you will only get caught out!|
|Courtesy||Be courteous to others that share this planet with you.|
|Determined||What’s a goal if it’s not worth attaining? Be determined when making your plans and achieving your goals.|
|Empathy||We are all different and we all have different needs. So always be mindful of others’ thoughts and feelings.|
|Focus||Always be focused and give 100%. When you are working on your goals, be focused on what you want to achieve.|
|Generous||Be generous and charitable; whether it’s just donating to charity or supporting specific people or projects.|
|High-minded||Share your money, knowledge and experience with others so that they can get ahead and develop new skills.|
|Integrity||Regardless of how successful you become always keep your own core values intact. Don’t ever trade your moral values for material gain!|
|(Good) Judgement||Treat people with dignity and respect. Don’t be judgemental because you don’t know their narrative. Sometimes good people do bad things, but it’s not for you to stand in judgement!|
|Kindness||Be kind, it’s really that simple!|
|Love||Always try to come from a place of love in all your interactions. After all, love is the glue that holds this crazy world together.|
|Mindfulness||Always bring yourself back to the present moment as often as you can; it is all we ever have.|
|Namaste||In Sanskrit this word connects us all with peace and respect. We all have within us a divine spark of light.|
|One-of-a-kind||You are an individual and you bring your unique gifts and talents to this world. Use them wisely, respectfully and diligently in your success.|
|Patience||Some of the best things in life are worth waiting for. Try and show patience, rather than getting annoyed at situations you cannot control.|
|Quality-of-life||Key to a good QOL is health, comfort, and happiness. Always try and maintain yours.|
|Rose coloured glasses||You shouldn’t see the world through rose-tinted specs, but you should try to see the best in every situation.|
|Sympathy||Always be sympathetic to another person’s situation. Put yourself in their position and try to see things from their point of view.|
|Tenacity||Do not relinquish your position, principle, or plans, especially when trying to achieve your goals.|
|(Be) Uncompromising||Always hold your ground and stick to your beliefs. Don’t compromise your values for anyone or anything.|
|Values||Always make sure, that whatever activity you choose to get involved with, it measures up to your own values and principles.|
|Wholeheartedness||Always demonstrate complete sincerity, commitment and enthusiasm in all you do.|
|(Have the) X-Factor||Put your own inimitable stamp on everything you do. It’s down to you, so get stamping!|
|YOLO||You only live once (in this body depending on what your beliefs are) so make it count!|
|Zest||Always go into everything you do with zest. Zestiness rubs off on those around you and before you know it you’re all infected with a Zest of Life!|
The best of the rest
There’s so much that goes into the melting pot of life, way too much for one little A to Z, so here are some of the best of the rest, which didn’t quite make it but are still very key…
- Affirmations – those gorgeous little positive statements that remind you daily how wonderful you really are!
- Dance – As Baz Lurhman says “Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room. Read the directions even if you don’t follow them”
- Food – Eating a wide variety of fruit, veg, lean protein (if you’re an omnivore), veggie or vegan alternatives. Keep the refined carbs to a minimum and other rubbish that doesn’t serve you.
- Water – Your skin and digestion will love you for taking those extra fluids onboard and you will have so much more energy. Trust me.
- Meditation – I talk about this all the time, but it’s really important to have some designated time to yourself in this strange, crazy world we live in.
- Self-development – Life long learning has always been my mantra. You can never learn too much. Just make sure it’s what you want to learn about! All that excess knowledge will come in handy for quiz nights!